Removal of disqualification
If you have been disqualified from driving for a long period of time then you are able to make an application to the court to ask for that disqualification to be removed. You can do this under the following circumstances:
- If you have been disqualified for fewer than 4 years, you may apply for the early return of your licence after 2 years.
- If you have been disqualified for more than 4 years but fewer than 10 years, you may apply for the early return of your licence after half the period of disqualification has been served
- In any other case, an application can be made 5 years after disqualification.
If you meet the above criteria you are eligible to apply for your disqualification to be removed. You should contact us immediately so that we can assist in you making this application.
The Magistrates Court will make the decision whether to remove the disqualification and take into account the following information:
- The nature of the offence which led to the disqualification
- Character of the defendant and conduct since offence was committed
- Any other relevant information.
We have a high success rate in this type of case. You should contact us to discuss this further so that a thorough and detailed presentation can be made to the Court.